The Hong Kong Club was established in 1846. Its Members included government officials and the heads of major trading firms, and it was referred to simply as “The Club”.
The Club currently has around 1,550 Resident Members. Members are admitted only by invitation and ballot. Members of reciprocal clubs and temporary visitors proposed by Members may use the Club’s facilities for not more than thirty days in a calendar year.